06 October 2017. During the 2017 International Astronautical Congress, held in Adelaide from 25 to 29 September 2017, Dr. Serge Plattard, chair the IAF Committee on Space Security, and former ESPI Resident Fellow Alessandra Vernile participated in various technical sessions where the outcomes of ESPI studies were presented. This year ESPI significantly contributed to IAC with a number of papers in various areas:
1.“Looking at the future governance of Galileo” co-authored by Dr.Serge Plattard and Amiel Sitruk, Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris.
2. “Space and SATCOM for 5G European Transport and Connected Mobility” co-authored by Dr. Stefano Ferretti, Jean-Jacques Tortora and Hermann Ludwig Moeller and Magali Vaissiere, European Space Agency.
3. “Space education for diplomatic circles” co-authored by Dr.Annette Froehlich and Patricia KHWAMBALA, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa.
4. “Interregional cooperation on the margin of UNCOPUOS: GRULAC-European space activities” co-authored by Dr. Annette Froehlich and Ms. Riddhi Maharaj, University of Cape Town, South Africa.
5. “The rise of the private actor” authored by Alessandra Vernile.
6. “Understanding India’s New Space Potential: Implications and Prospects for Europe” co-authored by Marco Aliberti, David Nader and Alessandra Vernile.
7. “Exploring Governance Frameworks for an Earthquake Early-Warning Future Space-Based System, co-authored by Dr. Stefano Ferretti, Matteo Tugnoli and Alessandra Vernile.
8. “A sustainable elaboration of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty” authored by Giulia Pavesi