On 29 March 2023, ESPI’s Advisory Council held its 38th Session, discussing mid- and long-term issues of European space policy, focusing on the Impact of Space and the Impact of the Institute within and beyond space communities.
ESPI is honoured to welcome three new Members to the Advisory Council:
- Sinéad O’Sullivan, a global expert in space economics,
- Samantha Cristoforetti, a European astronaut, and
- Niklas Nienaß, a member of the European Parliament.
We look forward to the rich reflections and advice in the months and years to come.
About ESPI Advisory Council
The Advisory Council is made up of experts from across Europe’s space sector. The Advisory Council provides advice on our medium-term activities. The current chair of the Advisory Council is Ms. Geneviève Fioraso, the former French Minister of Higher Education and Research. Eric Morel from the European Space Agency attends meetings as an observer.
Members of ESPI Advisory Council as of March 2023
- Geneviève Fioraso – Former French Minister of Higher Education and Research
- Gerd Gruppe – Former Member of DLR Executive Board
- Sinéad O’Sullivan – Harvard Business School
- Sergio Marchisio – Full Professor of International Law at Sapienza University
- Dominique Tilmans – President of EURISY & Former Member of the Belgian Parliament
- Stefania Giannini – Assistant Director General for Education at UNESCO and former Italian Minister for Education, Universities and Research
- Margit Mischkulnig – Head of Department for Space Affairs at the Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- Samantha Cristoforetti – ESA / Human and Robotic Exploration / European Astronaut Corps
- Max Kowatsch – Former Managing Director of Beyond Gravity Austria (formerly RUAG Space Austria)
- Fritz Merkle – Former Chief Technical Officer at OHB
- Marek Banaszkiewicz – Former Head of the Polish Space Agency
- Niklas Nienaß – Member of the European Parliament for The Greens/EFA