On January 24th and 25th, ESPI was proud to participate in the 15th European Space Conference, hosted by Business Bridge Europe in Brussels. This yearly event brings together hundreds of stakeholders from the European space sector and beyond, to discuss the key topics in the European space landscape, as well as the priorities and challenges that policy makers face in the coming years. This year’s conference placed a special focus on new geopolitical, economic, industrial, and technological realities that Europe is facing, and explored how space can be used to address these challenges. ESPI’s role in the conference included moderating six sessions that looked at the future of the European space ecosystem, space exploration, international cooperation, space innovation, and space traffic management.
ESPI Moderated sessions:
1. Session #3: The European Space Domain Facing New Geopolitical, Economic, Industrial and Technological Realities (1) (Jules Varma)
2. Session #4: The European Space Domain Facing New Geopolitical, Economic, Industrial and Technological Realities (2) (Director Ludwig Moeller)
3. Session #12: An ambitious role for Europe in space exploration (Matija Rencelj)
4. Session #14: Deepening space cooperation between Europe, Africa and Latin America (Marco Aliberti)
5. Session #13: Bolstering international cooperation: The New Frontiers of Exploration, from the Moon to Mars and beyond (Director Ludwig Moeller)
6. Session #16: Space Traffic Management for a safe, secure and sustainable outer space (Tomas Hrozensky)
See photos from the Conference below!