Issue 26 of ESPI Insights is now available. ESPI Insights provides a quick, monthly update on major news in the space sector. This issue covers the top news from April 2022, including:
- ESA re-evaluates its cooperation with Russia, especially the space exploration programmes;
- The European Investment Fund launches the CASSINI Space Investment Facility;
- Amazon’s record launch contracts cause ripple effects in space industry;
- Axiom Space operates first all-private mission to the ISS;
- Rocket Factory Augsburg (RFA) awarded €11M in DLR competition; and
- Capella Space raises $97M in Series C
In this issue, ESPI Director Jean-Jacques Tortora also looks at the U.S.’s self-imposed ban for ascent anti-satellite (ASAT) missile tests and its potential implications for the international discussions on norms of responsible behaviour in space. Discussions on this topic will take shape with the kick-off and the first session of the newly established Open-Ended Working Group (OEWG), which will occur from 9-13 May.
ESPI also recently addressed the initiative of norms of responsible behaviour in space and the 2021 UN General Assembly resolution 76/231, which led to the creation of the OEWG in a recent Executive Brief and submitted a contribution to the OEWG in April. You can learn more about these efforts by visiting the provided links.
Do you want to be one of the first to receive ESPI Insights every month? Subscribe to our newsletter and have it sent directly to your inbox.