The 40th issue of ESPI Insights is now available. ESPI Insights provides a quick, monthly update on major news in the space sector.
This issue covers the top news of July:
- ESA’s Euclid Mission was launched and successful deployed
- The Ariane 5 era ends with a successful last launch
- Spain took over the EU Presidency, unveiling priorities on space
- ESA conducted first-of-its-kind “assisted re–entry” of Aeolus spacecraft
- NASA awards $150M contracts for lunar mission technologies
- ESA selects Thales Alenia Space for SOLARIS initiative
- The Space Foundation estimates that the space economy reached $546B in 2022
- Leaf Space closes €20M Series B round plus a commitment of €15M in venture debt
- India launches its third Moon mission
… and more!
This month, the ESPI Perspectives discuss solutions to the European launcher crisis. Director Hermann Ludwig Moeller advocates for a dual strategy, considering the access to space together with the use of space, to be able to attract the required private investments. Europe’s space ambitions in security & defence, exploration and the commercial use of space need to be part of the solution towards economically sustainable commercial launchers.
Download a copy here: ESPI Insights July 2023.